Comparison Of 2023 TikTok And Instagram Statistics
As the average person spends 147 minutes each day on social media, it’s safe to say that they are an integral part of our life.
Nearly sixty percent of the global population uses at least one social networking site. TikTok and Instagram are two of the most popular social networking sites in the globe.
These two sites are popular worldwide for those under the age of 34 and specialise on video sharing.
Comparison of 2023 TikTok and Instagram Statistics
When it comes to social media marketing, most companies rely on TikTok and Instagram.
Several individuals relied heavily on their social media accounts during the COVID-19 epidemic, both to keep in touch with far-flung loved ones and to advertise goods and services.
Data Reportal has compiled a ranking of the most popular social networking sites in terms of global user base, with the expected number of active users for each service as of January 2023.
- It is estimated that 2.96 billion people use Facebook every month.
- Over 2.51 billion people use YouTube every month.
- Over 2 billion people use WhatsApp each month.
- Users of Instagram increase by an estimated 2 percent per month.
- Over 1.31 billion people use WeChat each month.
- Over 1.05 billion people use TikTok every month.
- An estimated 931 million people use Facebook Messenger every month.
- At now, it is believed that 715 million people throughout the world utilise Douyin on a monthly basis.
- Over 700 million people use Telegram on a monthly basis.
- An estimated 635 million people use Snapchat every month.
- As of March 2017, it was projected that 626 million people were using Kuaishou on a monthly basis throughout the world.
- It is estimated that 584 million people use Sina Weibo every month.
- Globally, it is believed that 574 million people use QQ each month.
- An estimated 556 million people use Twitter every month.
- As of March 2015, it was projected that 445 million people across the world were using Pinterest at least once a month.
Data from 2022 shows that the average time spent per day by Instagram users in the United States on the platform — whether seeing content or posting their own — is 30.1 minutes.
Comparing the User Bases of TikTok and Instagram
Make up the bulk of TikTok’s user base
TikTok is popular among those under the age of 34 because it features fun and creative video material.
This platform gives individuals a platform to exhibit their artistic abilities in areas such as video editing, dancing, singing, and product promotion.
Most TikTok users (almost 92%) are between the ages of 13 and 34.
Influencer Marketing Hub reveals the following data on TikTok users:
- Men between the ages of 13 and 17 made up 7.87% of all TikTok users, while women between the ages of 13 and 17 made up 19.5%.
- In a global sample, men made up 12.03% of TikTok users (ages 18-24), while women accounted for 20.94% of users.
- There were 12.12 percent of males and 12.99 percent of females between the ages of 25 and 34 using TikTok.
- Men between the ages of 35 and 44 accounted for 3.69% of all TikTok users, while women in the same age range accounted for just 2.8% of the platform’s total users.
- Globally, 1.17 percent of TikTok users were men ages 45 to 54, whereas just 0.5 percent of users were women ages 45 to 54.
- Males 55 and older made up 0.28% of all TikTok users, while ladies in the same age range accounted for only 0.04% of the total.
Almost half of Instagram’s user base falls within this age bracket. Next, with almost 30%, are those between the ages of 18 and 24.
These are the many types of Instagram users:
- Males between the ages of 13 and 17 made up 2.67 percent of all Instagram users, while girls in the same age range accounted for 3.82 percent of the global Instagram audience.
- Males accounted for 13.7% of all Instagram users, while females accounted for 17.28%.
- Males accounted for 22.05% of all Instagram users, while females accounted for 26.58% of all Instagram users.
- 6.24 percent of Instagram users were men between the ages of 35 and 44, whereas just 5.5 percent of Instagram users were women in the same age range.
- Males between the ages of 45 and 54 accounted for 1.21% of all Instagram users, while females in the same age range accounted for only 0.67% of the total.
- Males aged 55 and up accounted for 0.16 percent of all Instagram users, while ladies in the same age range accounted for 0.14 percent.
TikTok and Instagram are two of the largest and most widely-used social media platforms.
Especially useful for disseminating visual material, these channels excel in this respect.
Females between the ages of 13 and 34 make up the vast majority of TikTok’s user base, whereas females between the ages of 25 and 34 make up the vast majority of Instagram’s.
When Instagram’s sales reached $51.4 billion in 2022, TikTok’s was just $9.4 billion.